Thursday, November 12, 2009

Veteran's Day

So, yesterday was Veteran's Day. It's a funny thing being in the military on a day like Veteran's Day. People tell you how thankful they are for the work that you do. While I really do appreciate when people say that, it makes you feel a little bit funny. Being in the military is my job. While it isn't a normal 9 to 5, it seems normal to me. I love my job in the Navy and there are certainly challenges that are associated with it, but it still seems strange to be thanked for it. I mean, I don't have a special day to thank my banker or the vet. However, I know that while I haven't been placed in harms way, there are many, many men and women who have. I am thankful for them. I have several friends who have been, are, and will be in Iraq and Afghanistan, and to me, those are the people who really should be treated special.

No comments:

Post a Comment