Sunday, November 22, 2009

Moving into a New House

Well, as I have mentioned before, we are accustomed to moving. In our 5 years together, my hubs and I have moved over 5 times, sometimes together, sometimes not. Prior to this move, we thought we had gotten pretty good at moving. We could generally unpack all the boxes and get everything set up in just a few days. Our house would be up and running in no time at all.

Not this time. We have been in the house for over a week and there are still unopened boxes, furniture isn't in the right rooms and there is nothing on the walls. Part of it is that this is the first house that we have owned. We aren't quite sure how to get everything into a house that we will actually be in for more than just a year or two. We want to get everything set up just so because we have to live with it for a lot longer.

But, the biggest reason is the boy. Usually we worked for many hours straight getting everything together. Not this time. I am lucky to get a couple of hours a day when B is napping to get things organized. I know that this isn't a big deal. I know that there is no time table when babies are involved and that I have to just take what I can and move on. However, it is getting very tiresome every time I have to try and figure out where things might be packed away and stepping over boxes all the time.

With the nanny starting tomorrow, I feel especially bad that she will have to dig through this mess that my house is. I know that everyone is understanding about these things, but still, it's just a little embarrassing. Ah well, enough break, back to unpacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment