Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Man Work...but no man to do it

Our A/C leaks. Bad. Like, mega bad. There is a giant water stain on our ceiling that appeared over night. I have the A/C people coming today to take a look at it. It is hotter that Hades at our house here in VA and it's going to get much worse before it gets better. It has to be fixed soon as we have a house full of people coming to visit us next week for B's baptism and 1st birthday. Here's the problem, I have no idea what they are going to tell me and having no technical knowledge, I fear that I am going to get taken for a ride. Now, don't get me wrong, J is about the least technical person you will ever meet. I actually may know more than him, but dudes just have more street cred in these situations.

Being on my own isn't tough, it's just annoying sometimes. Like when light bulbs burn out, or the lawn needs to be mowed, or when the A/C breaks. These are man jobs. They are jobs that I have no desire to be involved in. Now, before I get all the ladies in an uproar, I know that women can handle any task and, believe me, as a female Naval Officer, I get that. But, I personally just don't want to deal with it. I am sure there are many marriages where the ladies are the subject matter experts and handle these matter. This just isn't something that I like to involve myself in. I would prefer to never think about these things. I like that my hubs handles these things.

But, broken A/C's wait for no man, so I got on the internet, read some reviews and have someone coming out to the house today to check things out. I emailed my main man, but in typically Navy fashion it appears the internet isn't working on the ship so I have no idea of his opinion. I'm sure that it'll be fine, the A/C will be fixed (at great cost I'm sure) and all will be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment