Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter!

We are celebrating Easter a day early this year since J has duty tomorrow. We have kept it pretty low key and my parents came up. We dyed some eggs, made some cupcakes, (BTW B loves icing), and may have an Easter egg hunt tomorrow. I think it will mostly consist of a couple of eggs being laid out for him to shake.

This weekend has brought up some parenting questions for me. We are religious adn this is a pretty important time of year. We regularly attend church and do read Bible stories to him every Sunday. But, I still wonder how we encourage his religious beliefs, but don't make it too overt. I remember going to church and youth group and my personal beliefs grew from that. They were never pushy, they never forced me and I came out fine. However, several of my siblings are not. There wasn't any difference in their manner, we just ended up drastically different.

I would like to take a similar approach with B. J did not grow up religious at all and has only been attending since we met. He wants to bring him up with beliefs, but he has no idea where to start. Unfortunately, with all things parenting, it appears we will just have to roll with the punches on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment