Monday, February 1, 2010

Snow Weekend!

So, we live in VA on the ocean, so snow is something of a rarity around these parts.  Also, I grew up in NC so we didn't get much snow there either.  However, this past weekend we got a whopping 7 inches of snow.  Needless to say, our town with only a handful of snowplows was shut down.  Me, J, B, and the puppies and kitties have been cooped up in this house for 3 days!

We have had a great time!  I thought three days would be a nuts, and I'll admit, it was a little bit frustrating at times, but, on the whole, we have had a really memorable weekend!  B made a snow angel and played in the snow.  The puppies TOTALLY loved it.  They spent more time outside running around like nuts than ever before.  Their favorite was when we threw snowballs at them to catch.  They also enjoyed wrestling in the snow with J.  We also let our cats out for a minute (they are indoor only)  and it was really funny, they turned tail and went inside almost immediately.  B and I took a nice walk around the neighborhood checking out all of the kids playing.  We tried to make a snowman, but we couldn't get the snow to pack.  We had Saturday, Sunday, and Monday off.  There were sometimes when everyone was getting on my nerves, but I had to remind myself of all the times that I miss being home.

It was also wonderful because B started for real crawling (hands and knees) today.  He doesn't have it totally down, can only make it 4 or 5 steps, but it was nice to see him make progress.  We also advantage of the time off to start B on a cup (hasn't been going great so far) and step him up to stage 3 foods (also not going so hot).  I know that these things take time and I just have to be patient, but i was glad to have enough time off to be able to get it started and not have to rely totally on the nanny to take care of it. 

Well, back to work tomorrow, but only T-minus 12 days to our big trip to Disney (more on that later...)

No comments:

Post a Comment