Friday, December 4, 2009

One week down...a lot more to go

So, I have officially survived my first week at my new job. I was able to some things done: I got my email set up, took care of medical and dental, got my clearance taken care of. However, the most important thing...a desk, I have not accomplished. It's really, really tough to do anything of consequence without a place to put your stuff, access a computer, and so on. I don't want to complain or make a big deal, but when I asked today and there was no hope of a desk anytime soon, I have to say, I got pretty frustrated. I know that it takes time for people to get things set up. I understand that there are constraints that people work under, but really, no desk?

Being away from B was pretty tough. When I got home at night, I really wanted to spend time with him, but I was also tired from work. I felt like I had so much to do at night, cleaning, cooking, so on, that I couldn't give him the attention that he deserved and needed. My husband works just as hard as I do and has as many responsibilities at home as I do. He helps out where he can, but I still have a lot to get done each night. I am grateful that our childcare situation is so great. We have a great nanny that we and B really, really like. It makes working a little bit easier, but I still have this crushing guilt. I know that I am doing the best that I can and that just has to be good enough, but I still feel like I could do better. On to week two...

No comments:

Post a Comment