Monday, December 14, 2009

The Bet

So, as I have mentioned before I really don't like exercising, but I have to as part of my job. Well, the way that I normally exercise is running. A lot. I literally run my behind off, averaging over 20 miles a week. It seems to be the only way that I can keep my weight in check. As a result of all this running, I have run my fair share of road races. Now I am never in contention for any type of prize, but I like to keep improving on my times.

My husband also runs road races. In fact, he has run a whole marathon and I am still stuck at the half. As a result, he holds the speed record for the marathon, BUT I hold the speed record for the half. So, we both have been half hearted running lately. I suggested we sign up for a very popular road race here in VA to give us something to shoot for. This led us into our bet. If I win, I get a trip to Disney World. If he wins, he gets a hot tub. Needless to say, there is ALOT riding on this race. I am currently running more and faster than he is. However, when he gets into it, he can really get going. So, you heard it here first. Now there is no recanting on either side.

No comments:

Post a Comment