Saturday, May 1, 2010

Beatin' the Heat

Well, our A/C is still broken and it is supposed to be a melting 90+ degrees this weekend, so we broke out. We packed up the car and headed down to my parents house to take in some cool air. Plus, it gives me a little break from being in charge 24/7.

We took B into the pool for the first time today. I was a little worried that he would be scared, but not in the slightest. He splashed up a storm and would have been in longer than the 30 minutes I allowed him (I was worried about sunburn). It was really nice to see him have a first with his Grandpa and Grandma. We also visited the Farmer's Market and picked some strawberries (shortcake tonight, YUM!).

It's really nice that my parents live a little over 3 hours away. It makes it very easy to take a weekend off and gives them plenty of time to build a special relationship with my son. I count myself lucky for the relationship that I have with all my grandparents, they are blessing. I hope very much for the same thing for my son. He already loves spending time with my father. They have their own special games (mostly Grampy chasing B down the hall way and out of whatever he has found). J's parents live in Ohio and aren't as accessible, but I intend to make trips to their house to ensure that B gets to spend lots of time with them.

It should be interesting to watch these relationships develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment