Monday, May 17, 2010

Birthday Week

We have survived our first REAL illness. Sure B has been sick in the past, but nothing like this. He woke Thursday (his birthday, poor buddy) with a 103 degree temperature. I took the day off and took him to the Doctor. He had a monster virus, sore throat, the runs, generally, he just was an unhappy baby. We got his fever to break on late Thursday night, but he still wasn't feeling good all the way to Sunday.

We also transitioned him to milk this weekend. I was kind of dreading this because B has been very fincky about drinks lately. He doesn't want bottles, but he also hasn't been crazy about drinking out of a cup. So, while I was thrilled that we wouldn't have to mess with bottles anymore, I was nervous that B wouldn't be getting enough to drink. But, I shouldn't have worried. B LOVES MILK. The kid can't get enough. He will kill a whole glass at a meal if I let him. Pretty impressive.

B also started walking this weekend. He was heavily aided, but he did take a couple of steps on his own. I'm not suprised that B is on the later side of this. He was a late crawler, so motion hasn't really been his thing. He still is a bit unsteady standing on his own, so I won't be suprised if he prefers crawling to walking in the near future. However, he did it and we will keep working with him, so I am sure that he will continue to improve. We shall see though.

This last week has been pretty busy and exciting, birthdays, walking, it's unbelievable how quickly my little buddy is developing. Sometimes I wish there was a pause button to slow things down some. We have a busy week ahead of us too and J is getting ready to head out again, so B and I will be all by our lonesome. It's okay though, I am looking forward to a little mommy and baby time.

No comments:

Post a Comment