Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Blink of an Eye

Do you ever have a moment when you look at your child and wonder where your little baby went?  That happened to me today.  B is now almost 10 months old and I can hardly believe it.  He stood up for the first time today (it was for seconds), but it seemed to make me see him in a whole new light.  I don't remember feeling like this when he crawled, he still seemed like a baby.  But with this...something just seems different.  It seems like my little buddy isn't so little anymore.

I have been so busy at work over the past couple of months that I feel like I just didn't notice how big he was getting.  He was playing today and it was like he was a completely different kid.  There wasn't just the usual banging.  He was starting to stack things, he was working to get the toys to do what he wanted.  It broke my heart in a way that it seems like a phase of B is already over.

I remember when he was born and he was soooooo teeny.  He and I would cuddle on the couch for hours, now I can barely get him to sit still with me to read our night time story.  I almost feel like he doesn't need me as much anymore, which is a miserable feeling. 

I know that I shouldn't be too upset, there is so many things to look forward to with him.  I know that there are going to be so many more times that I will have this same feeling.  I have to admit though, I snuck up to his room after he fell asleep and got him out and rocked him.  It was nice to have a quiet moment with him snuggled up to me.  I might just have to let him sleep in the room with me tonight while J is on the ship for duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment