Monday, March 28, 2011

Time's Flying by TOO Fast

How can it be that I am already packing up newborn clothes? It just doesn’t seem possible that my little premature wonder is already outgrowing things. After the struggle to gain weight that we went through in the first weeks, it’s shocking to me how big my little boy is getting. He’s just like his brother, takes a little while to get going and then, boom, big time weight gain.

I have to admit, I got a little teary packing things away today (darn hormones). It’s just a reminder that those special first days are only memories now. Pretty soon, T will be crawling, running, wrestling, and generally driving me nuts like his brother. It’s very sad to me in a lot of ways. I have to admit, that so far, little newborns are my very favorite. Don’t get me wrong, I love my toddler, but, to me, there is no better feeling in the world than when a teeny tiny little baby snuggles up against you. I love it. I love how he smells, I love the little noises he makes, I love all of it. I don’t even mind the late night feedings and the crying. Now, I admit, I have had two easy babies, no colic, no fussiness, generally go with flow kind of kids.

I am also struggling with the fact that my husband, his dad, has missed an entire clothing phase of his life and all that goes with it. He hasn’t gotten to smell his little head while holding him. He hasn’t gotten to snuggle up with him in bed. He hasn’t even had to change any diapers! I have no idea how J is holding up, I can’t imagine how painful it must be to have to know what you are missing. 49 more days!

But nonetheless, the feelings of longing for those little babies moments are already returning, even though I still have a little baby! I guess it’s just another sign that this won’t be our last baby, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment