Sunday, March 20, 2011

I got that Itis...

Mastitis, that is. I am through it now (still taking antibiotics though) and, let me tell you, that was brutal! Probably the sickest I have been in a long, long time. I basically have two lost days where I was down with a mega fever, chills, and pain. Terrible, wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

It was rough not only from the being sick aspect, but I still had to care for my two little boys. Thankfully, I had help in town who was more or less able to run the house and take care of B, but I still had to nurse every couple of hours which really took it out of me. I made it through, and I will do everything in my power to make sure I don’t get that again.

I have to admit, I am not loving nursing the second time. I really didn’t love it the first time, but I slogged through 8 months because I know it’s the best thing for baby. This time, ugh, I like it even less. Sitting down every 2 or 3 hours just really isn’t in my time line. And T is a terrible, terrible nurser on one side (hence, mastitis), so I really have to focus on getting him to do a good job, making it even less enjoyable.

In some ways, I feel bad for feeling this way about nursing. There are so many people who tell you that they love it. They love communing with their child and could spend hours just staring at their baby. I cannot. I feel antsy the minute I sit down. I often read or search on my phone while I nurse. I know that I should be appreciative of the time that I have with him and my ability to nurse, but I just can’t sometimes.

Anywho, we are surviving. Our visitors are all gone (for now) and we have a couple of days on our own to try and get the routine settled out (what routine? It’s really a free for all). And, we are getting so, so close to homecoming, only 57 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment