Wednesday, June 2, 2010

FOOD

Meal time is getting interesting. B eats people food all the time now. No baby food, no formula, all grown up, all the time. This has presented me with a new problem.

Since J rarely makes it home in time for dinner these days, I tend to just make something frozen for myself. Lean Cuisine is my savior. But, no more. I have to come up with something for him to eat that is healthy, well balanced and fresh. Thankfully, we have been cooking a lot on the weekends, so I have used these leftovers to feed B. It's nice to just have to heat some meat up, cook some frozen veggies, and cut up some fruit for him.

I have to say that I am lucky that B is such a good eater. There are very few things that he just won't eat. He loves fruits and vegetables. He eats pork and chicken very easily. Beef and spinach are the only things that he really hasn't taken to. Some of the things that he likes best are strange. He loves baked beans. He literally eats them like they are candy. It's hilarious. Another favorite is cucumbers. He especially likes cucumbers that have been soaked in vinegar and sugar with dill and onions.

I was immensely proud of him last night. He turned his nose up at macaroni and cheese and ate lima beans instead. Can't complain about that.

My other challenge is that I don't care for a lot of vegetables. I like the traditional ones, broccoli, corn, peas, but anything too outside of the box, spinach, eggplant, brussel sprouts, I won't eat. I don't want B to be limited because I don't like stuff, so I know at some point, I am going to have to suck it up and make that stuff. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment