Friday, April 29, 2011

Just Plain Pooped

All I can say is that I am just so very, very tired. T is now over two months old and, when added on to the months of no sleeping due to itchiness, it’s been a long time since I have had a good night’s sleep. I know I really shouldn’t complain, T is a good sleeper, only up once a night around 2 or 3, but still, I daydream about when I will be able to sleep for 8 hours straight (something I fear may not happen for the next 18 or so years).

Add on to this not sleeping, working full time, single parenthood (only 2 more weeks!), and general nonsense and you end up with one tired lady. I keep trying to think of ways to streamline, but nothing realistically can be cut. J suggested switching to formula, but I think that might actually be harder (it involves water procurement, measurement, blech). The pups and kitties are getting seriously neglected so there really isn’t anything I can streamline there. B needs full time attention, the stuff I have found him eating lately is highly concerning, so I can’t let him out of my sight for a second.

I am sure that people who see me at work and on the street must think I spend my nights in the ditch. My hair can only be described as a hot mess, my glasses are broken, I constantly have spit up on me somewhere…motherhood just isn’t pretty. I constantly forget what I am supposed to be doing, I have left my keys in the front door multiple times.

But, the nice thing is, I’m really enjoying my life. I love the funny things that B does and watching just how darn smart he is getting (too smart sometimes). I love the great big gummy smiles and giggles that little T gives me. The puppies are being so well behaved and are B’s best buddies. The only thing that could make all of this better is the rapidly approaching return of Dad! So even though I live in a three ring circus and my appearance shows it, I can’t complain too much (I still will though!).

No comments:

Post a Comment