Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Back to Work!

6 weeks have gone by far too quickly and I find myself back at work. I have made it through 3 days so far and it hasn’t been horrible, but it hasn’t been great either. Thankfully, we have some big events upcoming (J coming home!!!!) that have made the transition a little easier for me. Having something to look forward to makes the pain of working a little bit less.

The biggest challenge I have had so far is settling back into my routines, both at home and at work. The morning is going fairly smoothly so far. Wake up, nurse, shower, feed B, leave. I have it timed out pretty well and can reasonably be out of the house within an hour, however, any hiccup could seriously derail me. Once I get home, it’s nurse again, then playtime, dinner, baths and bedtime. This 2 to 3 hour period is generally pure chaos. Last night, I intercepted B coloring on the walls with crayon, all I can say is thank God for washable paint! Someone is generally crying or angry at any moment, but we are getting better. I have successfully gotten both boys to bed by 7(ish) clean and fed, which is really all one can hope for. Then, I get all the chores done for the day and take a few short moments to watch TV or read before I fall asleep (if I make it to 9:30, it’s a win!).

At work, I am settling back into all the mess of a million emails and trying to catch up on all that has changed. We have some big events coming up that have kept me very busy to make sure I’m not the dodo. I have hit the gym 2 out of 3 days so far with the plan to get back there on Thursday and Friday. One bonus of J’s return is the supreme motivation to not look busted on the pier, so I have been highly focused on weight loss. I am hoping to be more or less caught up by the end of the week.

One of the most significant changes at work has been pumping. I drag in my pump every day and have had great success so far. I do three pumps a day, which matches up to T’s eating schedule at home. I don’t feel like my supply has lessened at all and it’s actually nice to not have someone hanging on me every 3 hours. I have to admit, it hasn’t been the horrible experience that I was expecting.

So, 3 days in, we are surviving. Only 33 days to go until Dad comes home to change all the diapers, clean up all the messes and give Mom a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment