Friday, September 17, 2010

Fall TV Time

Well, I'll be honest. I love watching TV. Sometimes, at the end of a long day, all I want to do is sit on the couch and watch TV. I know that it isn't the best way to spend my time, but I just love it. I read every night, I work out, I play with my son (he doesn't watch TV), so I justify to myself that watching TV is okay once everything for the day is done and B is in bed.

I like a variety of different types of shows. Comedy, drama, reality, network or cable I pretty much watch them all. Thursday night is probably the best night of all, but Wednesday is making a run at it this year as well.

The past couple of weeks I have really been struggling with finding things to watch, so I am pretty thrilled that all the new Fall shows start next week. In fact, I even wrote on my calender what shows come on what night so I can be sure that I don't miss any of the shows, new or old, that I want to see. (I doubt I would be this obsessive if J were around, but there's not much else going on).

See, here's the thing. This is only the second year since I graduated from college that I can reasonably anticipate that I can watch the whole season when it actually airs. Normally, I would always be underway for some portion of the season and would have to live viraciously through the reviews that you can read on the internet (which really doesn't amount to much). And, I know that I probably only have one more year before I head back to sea and once again go to a crazy underway schedule. So, I have to get it in while I can.

I know this all sounds a little silly, I mean it is after all just TV, but filling the empty time is the number one goal of deployment, so TV is a pretty good time filler.

So, here's my starting list. I know that it will shift around, but right now, this is the starting point.

Musts: Modern Family (funniest show on TV, hands down)
Community
30 Rock
The Office
Grey's Anatomy
Big Bang Theory
Glee
How I Met Your Mother
Amazing Race

New Tries:
Mike and Molly
The Middle (I caught some re-runs this summer, looks pretty good)
My Generation
Running Wilde

Mehs (I'll give them a shot, but I'm not committed)
The Event
Undercovers
Outsourced
No Ordinary Family

No comments:

Post a Comment