Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Big News!

Well, as I eluded to yesterday. We have some big news on the horizon. In March (or earlier) of 2011, we will be welcoming Baby Betz # 2 into the family. I am very excited, but also a little sad, as Jeff will still be gone on deployment and there isn't any hope that he will be home for it. I know that I can do labor alone, J wasn't really that much of a help (he did hold the barf bucket a couple of times), but I am dreading the end of pregnancy part.

As I had a challenging pregnancy last time, I am a little concerned at how difficult this will be to do with a very feisty one year old on my hands. I know that I can handle anything and that, ultimately, all will be fine, but I would be lying if I didn't admit I was a little nervous that my itchiness would drive me crazy and that B would suffer as a result. Now that I know what to expect, I am in a little better position to handle it, but the lack of sleep would do anyone in.

I know that I am not the first Navy wife to do this and I won't be the last, so this to shall pass. I am a little bit excited about what it is going to be like for J to walk of the ship first as one of the new dads.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! Super duper excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We're pretty excited too, although this whole give birth on your own thing has me a little nervous. But, in all honestly, all J did last time was hold the barf bucket, so maybe he won't be that missed.

    ReplyDelete