Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Life Pause

Oh my long neglected blog. I have to admit that between work, a 1 year old, and some new developments, blogging hasn't been at the forefront over the past few weeks. Ah well, back on the horse.

Work has just been crazy. The other LT that I work with was pulled to be a Flag Aide (poor guy), so I am now taking on some huge programs that are just plain HARD. I feel like I am in a battle from the second that I walk in the office until I leave. There is just so much to do. I could easily stay 12 hours a day and not keep up, but I know that I need to go home. I am struggling to find a way to stay above water and still have some semblance of home life.

Things have been breezing along at our house. We have been undergoing some major home repairs. Owning a home really isn't fun. We found out that we have some significant rot in our back wall and have to do some major replacements. No fun. J is especially not happy because we just spent a bunch of money on the A/C a couple of months ago and now we are spending another bunch of money on the back of the house. It's very frustrating to have to take on this much maintenance on something that we have only owned for 8 months.

B is changing more and more into a little boy. He is running, jumping, and climbing all over the house. There is not more quiet play. He has learned how to throw a ball for the dogs and spends a great deal of time riling them up and causing general destruction around the house. He is a little tornado. Anytime the child is awake he is on the move! And, generally, everything in his path must be moved, broken, or just disheveled. He is clearly a little boy.

We are also in our 1 month countdown to deployment. Pretty soon, J will be sailing the high seas for 8 long, long months. I have to admit that I am pretty nervous about this. Some pretty big stuff is going to happen while he is gone and I am just not sure if I can do it alone. I know that I have to, but, still, I can't help but feel apprehensive. We have our pre-deployment vacation coming up in a few weeks and I am feeling the pressure to make enough memories to last us 8 months!

So, just a quick update here, but I promise that I will not neglect my blogging duties much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment