Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mommy Roadkill

Some days of mommyhood just don’t live up to the “best thing that will ever happen to you.” Some days the little crises, degradations, and just all out unfairness get the better of you and you really have to wonder what you have gotten yourself into. And it’s not just the children that you presently have, it’s the future ones too. Sometimes, they just all gang up on you and bring you down.

This occurred to me yesterday.

First, I’m over being pregnant. I have once again become a member of the “pee your pants” club. Any sneeze, too hard laugh, and sometimes for no reason at all leads to it. All you moms-to-be, panty liners are a savior. I include this in one of the dirty little secrets about pregnancy that no one clues you into. This wonderful group includes hemorrhoid pads (I picked up some Tucks the other day in preparation for the birth), not being able to cut your own toenails, and the thousands of other indignities that you get to enjoy along the journey to motherhood. Anyway, I’m over being pregnant. I itch constantly, my liver function sucks, and I have about as much energy as a three toed sloth. Thankfully, at most, I have two weeks to go. 4 March can’t get here fast enough (although it will probably be 25 Feb).

Second, my son. My lovely, wonderful, inquisitive son dumped an entire bag of shredded cheese throughout the house while I tried to chase him down to take it away. He grabbed it off the table while I was cleaning up from dinner and the rest is history. I have to give thanks for my dogs though, they did all the clean up with a smile on their faces. I may pay for it today, but yesterday, I couldn’t have been happier that I didn’t have to sweep. B, totally age appropriate, is a maniac. He wants to explore everything, high or low, near or far, if he can see it, he wants to figure it out. The fifteen minutes where he played quietly with his trains the other day was shocking. Generally, he is on the go at a high rate of speed for the majority of the day.

Anyway, once everyone was to bed (pups included), I enjoyed a quick bowl of ice cream and headed to bed myself (not to sleep, but to itch laying down). But, today is a new day. B may be wonderful today as he was this morning when he actually addressed me as mama, my bladder is behaving and I itch at only a minimum level. And if today gets the better of me as well, there’s always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment