Friday, January 14, 2011

Registry Politics

I received a very interesting phone call last night from Babies R US. A registry person called and asked if I wanted a personal appointment because my registry was missing some important items.

With our second boy on the way in less than two years, I am having a challenging time coming up with what we really need when it seems like we have everything. NB doesn’t need a stitch of clothing, I think there are some things that B never even wore. We have towels and sheets, baby tub, diaper genie, bottles, pump, just about everything. I am going to sleep with NB in the room with me, while B kicks it in the crib until J gets home (the logistics are really just much easier this way). So, that just leaves a stroller and some diapers. Thus, I have a pretty sparse registry.

BTW, can I mention just how darn expensive these double strollers are. It’s highway robbery! I really want a Phil and Teds for space, jogging, and convenience, but I just can’t stomach spending that much money. I know that I will ultimately, but it just stinks. Plus, I have to have a double for the nanny, so we really almost need two strollers (I WILL NOT buy two Phil and Teds).

Anyway, I digress, I kind of feel bad that this baby won’t have anything “new,” but then I remind myself that it really just gets barfed and pooped on AND they don’t remember anything anyway. So, it doesn’t really matter what they wear, sit it, play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment