Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Hug!

Sometimes when J is out to sea and it is just me and B and the pets, I get a little bit down in the dumps and feel super overwhelmed. Well, this has been the case this week, but then B did something that just completely lifted my spirits. He gave me a hug. An actual hug. He put his arms around my neck, put his face against my shoulder and squeezed. I about melted to the floor.

J has been gone for a couple of weeks now and we still have a couple of weeks to go. It's been tough, I have been totally slammed at work with what has been widely refered to as "the impossible task." It has been taking a bunch of time and mind power so when I make it home, I am a little bit drained. Then, I have to walk the dogs, make dinner, and the various other nightly tasks associated with being an only parent. By the time B hits the crib at 7, I am thoroughly exhausted.

So, this hug came at just the right time. It made me think about all the little developments that B makes everyday that I sometimes overlook or take for granted. He truly is a great kid and I am thankful that he is as agreeable that he is. He makes the time that J is gone a little bit more bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment